christmas eve 2010, gridley, IL
red bird, red bird, sitting in your tree.
won’t you come and eat breakfast with me?
on a snowy christmas eve, you can snack on seeds,
while i devour pastries, and other hearty eats.
ETSY find extraordinare
maybe later i’ll make cupcakes,
and gobble those up, too,
from my pretty pastry pedestal*,
we’ll celebrate anew.
*i am totally cookoo for cocoa puffs over this cupcake stand my mom snagged from
an undisclosed and now untrackable this lovely ETSY shop. it’s perfect and small enough to only hold sweets in reasonably consumable quantities . . . unless i pile them really high . . .
in the wake of so much lick-the-sweet-stuff-off-the-spoon-of-life good,
all you can do,
is squint and smile.
merry christmas from my side of the screen to yours!
the barnhart family does new york
if i did get around to writing a christmas letter this week it would include such well-expressed highlights as:
- hey, we moved! yep, to bethlehem (pennsylvania, not palestine)
- we now live in a crow’s nest.
- luke just checked off one semester down in his masters-degree-getting. he’s studying english literature at lehigh university, teaching freshmen a thing or two about composition, and loving life in the lehigh valley!
- abby worked the freelance life for a while and now has settled into a job as the (self-titled) digital marketing strategist for a kid’s music company. more to come in 2011 on that excitement. her favorite things about life right now include trips to NYC with visiting friends, exercising with jillian michaels, walking the streets of our little town, fixing up our new place, cooking a lot, and writing here on this little blog.
- in the new year i’m looking forward to reading through the bible in 90 days with some bloggers and friends, working on my creative writing a bit more, seeing a few freinds tie the knot, and getting our many wonderful closets organized.
it’s a tough life, but somebody’s got to love it!
merry christmas friends!