a little rundown of what i’ve been up to since the first of august:
- driven over 60 hours across 10 states
- packed, moved, and unpacked approximately 2 trillion boxes (guesstimating, but pretty close)
- took first ever two week vacation . . . one of the benefits of “transition unemployment”
- spent a good chunk of time at the Pennsylvania DMV dreaming up a one-stop-shop for changing your address/license/plates/bank/etc.
- got sufficiently lost a sufficiently embarrassing number of times in our new town
- swam a quarter mile across a lake we later learned contained some territorial snapping turtles
- helped my littlest sister perfect her outfit for the first day of junior high
- bought a romper
- cooked chickpea curry for 15 family members
- made enough rice for 100 family members (whoops!)
- ate an apple dumpling and ice cream the size of my head
- also ate a belgian waffle with strawberries of equal enormity
- learned that platz is German for place – and that this town loves a good festival
- settled into a new home!
more to come on all these adventures. happy to be back in bethlehem, reconnected to the digi-world, and ready to dig in. happy monday!