i hesitate to even call this is a recipe. it’s more of a “this stuff looks like it might taste good together mash-up.” but, it was a perfect lunch for a lazy saturday, so i thought i would share.
i’ll call it 3 beans + goat cheese delight. really you can’t go wrong with goat cheese on anything, especially when it gets warm and creamy. i salute goats everywhere for this deliciousness (pause) and then i move on.
i used kidney, pinto, and black (sounds like a good band name to me), but any 3 beans would do. navy beans are really good in this, but they weren’t in my pantry and i’m still in my pajamas . . . you get the picture.
once the beans (1 can of each) were warm in their pot i added diced red onion and gave it a few more minutes to get to know one another. once everyone was acquainted, i cut the heat, added a 4oz. container of crumbled goat cheese (more would have been better, always!) and some diced parsley. then it was stir & serve time, with some extra-large corn chips for scooping.
this made more than enough for two at lunch, but i’m thinking it will be a great snack served cold later with the football game. yummmmm. the end.
3 beans + goat cheese delight
- heat 3 cans of various beans for 5-10 minutes until warmed through
- add diced red onions (about 1/2 an onion) for another few minutes
- remove from heat and stir in goat cheese (the more the merrier) until it coats the beans (will disappear as it blends in)
- add chopped parsley or other herbs
- serve with corn chips & enjoy :)